Small businesses in the AV and IT industry face a multitude of challenges – from inefficient field operations to struggles with cash flow – and poor inventory management is often a root cause. Further, improper asset management and poor team miscommunication can easily lead to unaccounted for or misplaced parts, and ultimately declining profitability.
To avoid such risks, and building on the growing capabilities of D-Tools software, D-Tools has partnered with Tracknicity to help companies ensure that inventory, whether stock or project-specific items, are efficiently, seamlessly and accurately tracked from proposal through being purchased, received, staged, picked, delivered, installed, and even serviced using a sophisticated, yet easy to use mobile application.
D-Tools SI focuses primarily on project estimation, system design, and project management, and transfers appropriate product and labor information to QuickBooks for financial accounting. D-Tools has been hesitant to add inventory management to its platforms because it infringes upon financial accounting, which is a line that the company deliberately chooses not to cross. Tracknicity’s mobile app successfully bridges that inventory management gap between D-Tools SI and QuickBooks, as well as D-Tools Cloud and QuickBooks Online, and furthers solves many day-to-day challenges associated with running a systems integration business, such as:
- Reduces the need for manual inventory tracking and warehouse clipboards
- Lightweight platform is virtually free to deploy and leverages smartphone devices that field organizations already have
- Allows for real-time job cost reporting by providing precise budget vs. actual labor time/cost
- Handles multi-location inventory, allowing business owners and employees to see vehicle stock, warehouse stock and total stock in an intuitive and simple-to-use web interface
- Customize notifications – Reduces wasted field-to-office communication time as a result of constantly checking on item availability
- Tracks items from received to staged to picked to delivered to installed with the convenience of UPC scanning technology
- Reduces the risk of unnecessarily purchasing items already in stock
- Integrates with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop in a matter of minutes
Mobile Inventory Tracking
Tracknicity works wherever you do.
Download the app to track, submit,
and approve inventory transactions
from virtually anywhere.
Push Notifications and Alert
Employees and admins use the Tracknicity mobile app to capture, submit, and approve inventory transactions from their smartphones. Push notifications alert specific employees of requests, and mobile deliveries make it easy to keep your employees billable.