Major Release of System Integrator Delivers Critical New Features –
Workflow Management Rules, Project Notifications, and Calculated Items
Available now, SI v12 delivers critical new productivity features – workflow management rules that help business managers maintain control over operating standards and business processes, project notifications that ensure project stakeholders remain fully informed, and calculated items that provide a powerful new method for establishing pricing parameters.
SI’s new workflow management rules enable managers to enforce standards and operating procedures by setting admissible thresholds by which employees must comply. Workflow rules provide the necessary checks and balances that ensure minimum profit margin requirements are being adhered to, large proposals and purchase orders are acknowledged and approved by management before issuance, necessary team members are notified in response to customer needs, and more. Workflows can be configured to trigger an action and/or send a notification based on user-set criteria.
SI users can set project notifications to inform internal and external team members of specific project- and sales-related activities such as when a proposal exceeds the stated budget or the profit margin falls below the acceptable minimum, when a contract is approved, when a project requires engineering drawings, when a change order has been created and is ready for review, when tasks have been assigned, and much more. Notifications ensure that project stakeholders remain informed so they can adapt, respond and stay on-task as project parameters change. Notifications can be sent to SI users in-app, as well as emailed to both internal and external stakeholders.
Cost and sell prices can now be calculated based on user-defined pricing parameters. At the most basic level, this feature allows SI users to calculate a unit cost or sell price of a product or labor item based on some established value and formula. More importantly, system integrators can now use a project’s equipment total to calculate project labor, design fees, freight charges or a budget for installation materials. Additionally, the field labor total may be used to calculate a project management budget, or the project total can be used to calculate pricing for a service contract, and much more. In short, SI customers can now apply percentages, mark-ups, mark-downs and other functions to maintain accurate and consistent pricing across projects.
The SI v12 update offers additional productivity enhancements in virtually every functional area of the software – pricing catalog, drawings, projects, reporting, and more – designed to provide electronic system integrators with the means to further streamline business processes for improved operational efficiency.
The SI Change Order feature has been re-engineered with significant improvements to help users better manage projects quickly and more accurately in order to stay on-time and to-budget.
- Re-engineered approval process for project revisions
- Allows for multiple pending change orders to exist at one time
- Provides differentiation between external and internal change orders
- Each change order can have its own Scope of Work, Misc. Items, Price Adjustments, Payment Terms, and Taxes
Avalara Tax Integration
D-Tools’ integration with Avalara, a leading provider of tax compliance automation for businesses, provides SI users with the ability to accurately calculate applicable taxes for every billing line item by location, at no cost. An enhanced option is available to customers of both systems with the ability to unlock advanced features such as adding tax codes to each product/item in their catalog.
Enhanced Permissions & Security
In order to ensure the security of customer data, SI has added enhanced password rules and enforcement settings.
- User Sign-In Policies – Enhanced password rules and session timeout settings
- Enhanced Sign-in and Server exception logs
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Compliance – Enforcement settings and rules to ensure the security of customer data per EU regulations
Multiple Currency Support
Accommodating international growth, D-Tools customers now have the ability to create multiple currencies for Projects, Service Orders, and Purchase Orders, aside from their company’s default currency.
- Allows for default currency and multiple currencies with rates for transactions
- Option to look up currency rates with online service
- Clients and Vendors support a default currency
- Multiple currencies supported in all transactions – Projects, Service Orders and Purchase Orders
SI has made additions to Use Tax options for more accurate project and product pricing.
- Apply taxes to the Unit Cost of products
- Margins/markups can be inclusive or exclusive of use tax
Library & Catalog
The SI Product Catalog and Data Library offers significant improvements including 3rd party integrations to help users better manage product information and pricing – the main drivers of D-Tools’ data-driven process.
- PSA data integration – Option to download product data and schedule product pricing updates directly from PSA
- Clone function – Generate a more accurate quote when adding items as Accessories or to Packages
Add a “Do not Order” field to Products
Allow for ‘Unassigned’ subcategory filter in Product & Labor Explorer
Support PNG images in Product thumbnails
Customer Portal Enhancements
SI users can now send their client an “auto sign-in” link within an email notification sent through the D-Tools Customer Portal. Users also have the ability to change the “from” name on the email sent, as well as set the “reply to” email for customers, allowing clients to reply directly back to the SI user.
- Option to allow customers to “Auto Sign-In” with no password (company level setting)
- Options to set Reply Email and Display Name for Email
SI provides a seamless integration with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, eliminating the need for double data-entry and duplication of efforts. Products from the SI 2018 catalog or a project can be pushed directly to QuickBooks or QB Online for accurate accounting, purchasing and invoicing.
- Setting to include Project Number field in Job name
- Option to use Site Address on Estimates
- Option to not include “Labor:” text in Item name for Labor Items
SI adds upgrades and new features to D-Tools’ legendary design capabilities. Enhancements to the D-Tools Visio and AutoCAD interfaces – including support for AutoCAD 2019 – provide users with unparalleled power and automation tools that will help better generate industry-specific drawings with data-driven Visio Shapes and AutoCAD blocks – streamlining the design process and significantly improving communication across teams.
- Project Setting to default the Off-Page Reference shape in Visio to page number vs. page name
- Project Setting to assign layer color property to AutoCAD schematic wire block
- Support for AutoCAD 2019
Mobile Install Enhancements
Documents and site images added to Mobile Install can now be synced to SI, providing centralized storage of project files.
- Full Notes field now displays in Mobile Install email notifications
- Documents and site images added to Mobile Install can now be synced to SI, providing centralized storage of project files
Enhancements have been made to SI’s project management capabilities to help ensure that you deliver the job on time and to budget.
Ability to Lock and Unlock Projects
Allow for an approved Change Orders to be deleted
Ability to move items from one pending Change Order to another
Option to not create a Revision for internal Change Orders
Add ability to change Location hierarchy
Function for Package Items similar to the Convert feature for Accessories
Add a trigger for Item Validation Settings for Unit Price > MSRP
Add “Accounting Order Number” column to Project Editor
Add hyperlinks to POs from the Project Editor
Add Sum and Average functionality for columns in Project Editor
Add “Has Large Image” to Queries and as a column in Product Explorer
Add Margin and Markup fields for CSV Export
SI offers enhancements to its powerful reporting capabilities.
Combine like items on Purchase Order report
Allow for discounted amount to not show per line item
Add “Use Tax” parameter to Management Reports
Scheduling and Purchase Orders
Additions have been made to SI’s Scheduling and Purchase Order functionality.
Lock and Unlock Tasks, Service Orders, and Purchase Orders
Add Expand/Collapse all commands to Task/Service Order/Purchase Order Explorers
Change order of Tasks and Service Orders in reminder email