SI 2018 New Features & Enhancements
System Integrator 2018 is the latest release of D-Tools’ award-winning software
New System Integrator 2018 Enhancements and Features
System Integrator 2018 adds beneficial new performance enhancements and features – in addition to system design, productivity, and security improvements – that enable AV and IT, higher education, and security professionals to maximize operational efficiency for increased profitability, while reducing time and costs.
SI 2018 includes significant time-saving enhancements and improvements to help users better manage projects quickly and more accurately in order to stay on-time and to-budget. Accommodating a key component of virtually all projects, D-Tools has completely re-engineered its Change Order process to enable the creation of multiple, persistent Change Orders while also adding a new approval process for Change order acceptance.
In addition, security, catalog, and Data Library features have been added – designed to enhance customer communication, engagement, and security, while helping projects flow seamlessly from the sales and design stage through project management, installation, and service.
PSA Data Library Integration
The SI 2018 Change Order feature has been re-engineered with significant improvements to help users better manage projects quickly and more accurately in order to stay on-time and to-budget.
- Re-engineered approval process for project revisions
- Allows for multiple pending change orders to exist at one time
- Provides differentiation between external and internal change orders
- Each change order can have its own Scope of Work, Misc. Items, Price Adjustments, Payment Terms, and Taxes
Enhanced Permissions & Security
In order to ensure the security of customer data, SI 2018 has added enhanced password rules and enforcement settings.
- User Sign-In Policies – Enhanced password rules and session timeout settings
- Enhanced Sign-in and Server exception logs
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Compliance – Enforcement settings and rules to ensure the security of customer data per EU regulations
SI 2018 has made additions to Use Tax options for more accurate project and product pricing.
- Apply taxes to the Unit Cost of products
- Margins/markups can be inclusive or exclusive of use tax
Library & Catalog
The SI 2018 Product Catalog and Data Library offers significant improvements including 3rd party integrations to help users better manage product information and pricing – the main drivers of D-Tools’ data-driven process.
- PSA data integration – Option to download product data and schedule product pricing updates directly from PSA
- Clone function – Generate a more accurate quote when adding items as Accessories or to Packages
Projects are the central area of the D-Tools workflow. SI 2018 boasts a number of productivity enhancements around, creation, editing, designing, and management. From subtle shortcut enhancements to specific features, users will benefit from improved workflow and time-savings for many of the operations used every day.
- Choose project templates from new Project Wizard
- Added budget field syncs from Mobile Quote
- AutoCAD 2019 support
- Export current layout from Project Editor
D-Tools has made enhancements to the Customer Portal, which enables users to publish Proposals, Contracts, Change Orders, and other client-facing documentation to the web for better client engagement. Clients are able to log-in to a secure web portal and review documentation, make comments, and accept or reject critical business documentation.
SI users will be notified when a customer reviews, comments or accepts proposals, streamlining the process and improving communications throughout the project lifecycle.
- Add log for all published documents by Client and Project
SI 2018 provides a seamless integration with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, eliminating the need for double data-entry and duplication of efforts. Products from the SI 2018 catalog or a project can be pushed directly to QuickBooks or QB Online for accurate accounting, purchasing and invoicing.
- Setting to include Project Number field in Job name
- Option to use Site Address on Estimates
- Option to not include “Labor:” text in Item name for Labor Items
SI 2018 adds upgrades and new features to D-Tools’ legendary design capabilities. Enhancements to the D-Tools Visio and AutoCAD interfaces – including support for AutoCAD 2019 – provide users with unparalleled power and automation tools that will help better generate industry-specific drawings with data-driven Visio Shapes and AutoCAD blocks – streamlining the design process and significantly improving communication across teams.
- Project Setting to default the Off-Page Reference shape in Visio to page number vs. page name
- Project Setting to assign layer color property to AutoCAD schematic wire block
- Support for AutoCAD 2019
SI 2018’s enhancements to the company and project calendars give users the option to better manage Tasks and Service Orders for any user or resource. Tasks and Service Orders can be moved around the calendar via drag and drop, making it easy to move items around as schedules change.
- Create Service Orders for archived Projects
- Un-approve a Task or Service Order
- Status filter for Client and Project Tree control for Tasks and Service Orders
SI 2018 has enhanced company information settings in order to provide more detailed information for clearer client and internal communications.
- Increased Notes field for Clients/Contacts/Vendors to 150,000 characters